Friday, July 27, 2012

Nars Haul!

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this or not but I decided it was time to quit my retail job and get a proper grown up job. I'm still working up until the end of August when Blake and I are heading to New Zealand for a snow trip but after that I will hopefully have a new job.

My resignation was a long time coming and I decided I deserved a little treat once I had finally done it. The treat was in the form of some products from my favourite beauty brand Nars. 

I have had my eye on these products for a while now and now they are finally apart of my collection :)


Nars Eyeshadow Primer ($24USD from Kiss&Makeup, $39AUD from Mecca)

I've heard a lot about this primer recently and as I am almost out of my mini primer potions I thought I would give this a whirl. My first impression is that it definitely feels more siliconey than the urban decay primer potion, time will tell how it works. I will be sure to do a review for you once I have used it a bit more.




Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Cordura ($34USD from Kiss&Makeup, $55AUD from Mecca)

I've seen a few swatches of this online and it was always one that I thought looked super pretty. When I received it I was surprised that the darker colour is actually a dark brown and not a black like I had seen in some swatch photos. Never the less it is still a gorgeous duo which I can't wait to experiment with. Looks like it'll make the perfect brown smokey eye.




Nars Lipstick in Schiap ($24USD from Kiss&Makeup, $39AUD from Mecca)

This is a cult favourite and I can see why. It's a gorgeous super bright barbie pink colour, which I cannot wait to wear! I was surprised at how little the Nars lipstick tubes are they are so tiny and cute.






This is a colour that I seem to be very attracted to as I seem to have amassed a few of them....


Here it is next to some of the other similar shades I own. From the left; Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie, Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick in Funtime Fuchsia, MAC's lipstick in Girl About Town and Nars Shiap. It's a little lighter than the rest and more of a true barbie pink colour. 

Nars Blush in Gaiety ($26USD from Kiss&Makeup, $45AUD from Mecca)

Ever since I saw this little baby in Mecca earlier in the year I knew I had to have it. I am on the hunt for the perfect light pink blue based blush and have a feeling this could be it. 




Isn't it super pretty!! Love it. It reminds me a lot of another of my Nars blushes, Desire. Here they are side by side. As you can see Desire is a lot darker and slightly more reddish pink whereas Gaiety is definitely on the more blue-toned side. If Desire scares you too much then Gaiety is a more subtle option with a similar effect.



What's your favourite beauty brand? Have you hauled anything exciting recently??

Hannah xox

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I really want to try something from NARS! I've walked into Mecca before and swatched their blushes... They're so buttery soft. Do tell us how the eyeshadow primer goes :) xx

Hannah said...

I love Nars, its by far my fave makeup brand. I always love the products I buy from them. I get them online so lots cheaper than at Mecca too. Will have to do a review of the eyeshadow primer once I have used it a bit more xo

Suzie Makes You Up said...

Gaiety is my favourite NARS blush ever- i even love it more than orgasm !! x

Red Lips, Black Hair said...

Gaiety and Desire look so pretty with your skin-tone!

Hannah said...

@Suzie It's fast becoming a favourite of mine too!! Love it so much

@Red Lips, Black Hair Thanks :) I love those kinds of colours you can make them really subtle or outrageous! haha

KayleyJane said...

That blush gorgeous, It wouldn't suit me though it would be to cool toned
I am a new follower, check out my and follow back?
http://phatfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/
xx

Hannah said...

Isn't it! I love it. Absolutely, checking out your blog now xo