Thursday, November 15, 2012

Confessions of a Beauty Blogger Tag :)

I saw this tag on Beautifully Glossy and as I have been slack posting lately I thought this could get me back into it!

How many hours a week do you spend planning/writing/uploading posts? 

I don't really keep track of the time as it's a bit all over the place. I usually spend a couple of hours taking the photos and then cropping and picking out the best ones to use. Writing a post will usually take me about an hour to do. I don't like to force myself to blog though so I do it when I feel like it.

Are you a spender or a saver?

A bit of both. If I have something I am saving for, e.g a holiday booked then I find it a lot easier to put money away. If I don't have anything planned I tend to be more of a spender.

When is it easiest for you to write your posts?

I usually keep it for the weekends as I find during the week I just can't be bothered concentrating on anything when I get home from work!

What makes writing posts comfortable for you?

Doing it when I have the urge to do it, I cannot write if I feel forced too. I use a laptop currently but I would love a desk to sit at dedicated to blogging.

What's your worst make up/hair habit?

Washing my hair every day...I know its bad for your hair but I just can't stand my hair feeling the slightest bit dirty.

What's one quote you wish the world would live by?

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" An oldie but a goodie!

How long do you spend getting ready everyday?

Including a shower it's about 30 mins.

What's your favourite post on your blog?

I love my posts about doing other peoples makeup. I did my sisters here and Lea's makeup for her wedding here.

Who is a beauty blogger that you think deserves more subscribers than they have?

There's too many to name! I wish I had more time in a day to read all the blogs I am subscribed too, there are so many amazing bloggers out there.

What's one thing you're excited about in the coming year?

Going to Japan with Blake in March. It'll be the first time for both of us and we are super excited! Also becoming an aunty again in February!!

What's been your favourite blogging moment?

Probably getting my first follower :) I was just happy someone wanted to read what I was writing!

How long does it take to prep for a post?

I don't do a whole lot of prep work - unless you include the countless hours I spend in Priceline looking at products! haha

Are you wearing jeans/skirt right now or are you wearing pajama bottoms?

PJ bottoms! haha although it is 8pm!

What are you most proud of in your life?

Meeting Blake, buying our house and starting the business. I couldn't have done any of it without Blake and I'm so thankful that he came into my life right when I needed him!

I tag anyone that wants to do this :)

Hope you are all having a great week!!

Hannah xox

3 comments:

Your sister Jess said...

Just to clarify I am not pregnant!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah this is an interesting post! I was tagged recently too; I found though doing it that I have been spending a bit toooooo much time on my blog (neglecting other hobbies big time!). Enjoy your time in Japan; I'm going in October next year :D

Ps. This is Sarah from a beautiful story - there are problems using the Name/URL function on all Blogger blogs, if you're using an iPad (like me!). So annoying! :-0

Hannah said...

@Sarah oo how exciting! I can't wait to go, I'll definitely do a post when I get back from the trip!